The Miller Park district in North Omaha, Nebraska is a traditionally important society housing a momentous district and more than a few distinguished historic places. It is located between Sorenson Parkway on the south and Redick Avenue on the north, Florence Boulevard on the east and 30th Street on the west. The Minne Lusa neighborhood borders on the north, and the Saratoga neighborhood is on the south. Fort Omaha borders the neighborhood on the west. Miller Park is the namesake park in the neighborhood, as well as a local elementary school.
Once considered a possible location for the Trans-Mississippi Exposition of 1898, the Miller Park neighborhood is named after Dr. George L. Miller, one of Omaha's founding fathers, and the first president of the City of Omaha Board of Park Commissioners. It was a running consideration for the Expo because of its accessibility via the Florence Boulevard, a north-south thoroughfare once regarded as "The Prettiest Mile" because it captured the best views of the Missouri River valley, and because of the wide-open fields the area offered. After losing out to Kountze Park to the south because of its distance from the city, the Miller Park neighborhood rebounded, quickly developing with upper middle class homes surrounding the perimeter of the park.